A crucial step in ensuring you get the best deal when looking to shop for new insurance is comparing quotes. Drivers can compare auto insurance quotes online rather than requesting quotes from various companies individually.
You can compare the auto insurance rates offered by various companies using Jerry Auto Insurance, an artificial intelligence-based platform for auto insurance comparison. Is using Jerry legal and secure? Yes, Jerry secures your encrypted data using techniques found in banks. Jerry never discloses your customer information to anyone else.
But how does it stack up against businesses like Gabi, The Zebra, and Insurify that are similar? Let’s examine the distinctions.
What Is Jerry Auto Insurance?
The new way to compare auto insurance quotes, according to Jerry Insurance. Jerry was established in 2019 by Art Agrawal, Lina Zhang, and Musawir Shah to make it simple for customers to find affordable auto insurance. Other websites that compare auto insurance send you to the website of their insurance partner to complete your purchase, but Jerry lets you do everything inside their app.
They assert that they offer customers hassle-free, personalized quotes from more than 50 prestigious and smaller insurance companies across the country. On their website, Jerry Insurance claims that switching to a new policy can help clients save an average of $800 annually on their auto insurance. Read more: Average Cost of Car Insurance
How Does Jerry Insurance Work?
The first step is to complete the website’s online forms with some details about your current insurance and driving record. You must enter your name and phone number as well. Jerry will then text you a verification code. The business guarantees that it will not sell or otherwise distribute your contact information to unaffiliated parties or annoy you with unwanted calls or emails.
After that, you will enter your car’s daily mileage and how you use it most often. Additionally, users have the choice of using their vehicle for delivery or ridesharing, and Jerry takes these options into account when determining quotes.
Last but not least, Jerry asks you to choose any discounts that might be available to you. Jerry, however, directs you to download its mobile app after the procedure is complete in order to view your quotes in their entirety.
Once you have downloaded the Jerry app, you will be asked to enter your phone number once more in order to create an account. Following that, you will be shown a variety of quotes from various insurance providers. An option marked: ‘When you choose the “Get final price” option, Jerry will ask you for your driver’s license number. You can see your actual quote only after entering that.
From this point forward, Jerry puts your insurance shopping on autopilot by automatically requesting new quotes from more than 50 insurance companies before each renewal. You won’t need to speak with a salesperson or an agent to set up your new policy.
Pros And Cons Of Jerry Car Insurance
Jerry Insurance has both advantages and disadvantages, just like any other auto insurance provider. It’s a good idea to take into account the following elements if you’re debating Jerry Insurance:
- Simple Interface: It’s simple to use and navigate. You won’t have to enter your information again after signing up with Jerry, which typically takes 45 seconds.
- Guaranteed Savings: Jerry Insurance starts looking for cheaper rates before the renewal date of your policy so you always get the best deals on car insurance.
- Checks for Recurring Quotes Jerry will look up and give you updated rates every few months to keep you informed and give you the option to switch to more affordable insurance.
- Robotic Interactions: The lack of genuine human interaction during the signup process may deter some customers. You can get in touch with Jerry’s customer service department by phone or email if you have a question that cannot be resolved by automation.
- Limited Insurance Options: Jerry doesn’t currently provide either life insurance or business insurance. You can only check free car insurance quotes right now, though they might start offering it later.
- Not BBB-accredited: Get Jerry’s lack of BBB accreditation may have you driving in the opposite direction if you’re a driver who takes pride in your BBB accreditation.
Is Jerry Insurance Legit?
Depending on where you look, Jerry Insurance gets mixed reviews everywhere. Jerry’s fantastic deals are loved by some customers, but they are disliked by others.
Some clients have praised Jerry’s website in raving reviews, praising the company’s easy forms and straightforward strategy. Jerry’s Apple App Store rating increased to 4.7/5 as a result of this. Drivers praised the user-friendly interface and superior customer service. Despite the fact that many customers preferred not to speak with a representative, those who did say it was a wonderful experience that helped the process go even more smoothly.
The positive feedback appears to stop here. With a 3.09/5 rating and an F, Get Jerry’s BBB rating indicates that their business has not yet been accredited by the BBB.
Despite some customers leaving positive reviews, others complained that it was challenging to contact representatives to cancel their insurance. There were some reports of customers who believed they had been promised insurance at a lower cost only to discover that the final quotes were significantly higher. Explore the answer: Average Cost of Car Insurance for 18-Year-Olds, How Much is Car Insurance for a 16-year-old
Questioning how long does GAP insurance last? Maybe you’re curious about your GAP Coverage’s cancellation or refund options. We’ll address all of your GAP Insurance questions in the paragraphs that follow. Read Now!
How To Save With Jerry’s Insurance Discounts?
To find the most cost-effective coverage and auto insurance discounts for your requirements, Jerry was created. You’ll receive competitive quotes that take special offers into account.
- excellent student discount Students in high school and college who are covered under their parent’s policy and are under 25 can save money on auto insurance. To be eligible, you must maintain a B average or a GPA of 3.0 or higher. But, how much is car insurance for a 16-year-old or 18-year-old?
- Low-mileage discount: Are you under 7,500 miles annually? What are the average miles driven per year? If so, you might be eligible for the low-mileage discount. You can use a device installed in your car or a smartphone app to keep tabs on your mileage.
- Green-car discount: Are you driving an entirely electric, hybrid, or alternative fuel vehicle? If that’s the case, your eco-friendly vehicle qualifies you for a discount.
- Professional price cut: Teachers, doctors, nurses, and even emergency responders are eligible for this discount. If you are a member of a sorority, fraternity, or another professional organization, you may also be eligible for a discount.
- Automatic payment discount To receive discounts on your car insurance premium, set up automatic payments using your bank account or credit card.
- Legacy discount: The legacy discount is available to new drivers who apply for auto insurance through their parent’s insurance provider. You can save up to 10% on your insurance premiums by taking advantage of this discount, which is frequently given to drivers under the age of 25. But, at what age does car insurance go down?
- Multi-policy discount: Bundling your home and auto or auto and renters insurance can result in savings of up to 12% on your policy.
- Discount for daytime running lights: Daytime running lights are required for drivers to qualify for this discount. By making you more visible to other drivers, these lights aid in the reduction of collisions.
- Military discounts: You may be entitled to discounts on auto insurance if you or a member of your family is an active duty service member or a veteran.
- Multi-car discount: By insuring several vehicles under one policy, you can reduce the cost of your insurance premium. Why is Car Insurance So Expensive? Drivers can save up to 25% on their insurance premiums with this discount.
- Discount for full payment: When drivers pay their monthly premium in a lump sum over the course of 6 or 12 months, some businesses give them a discount. Full coverage car insurance is a great choice especially choosing car insurances.
- Anti-theft discount: Have you taken any steps to guard against auto theft? If so, you might be eligible for a discount on your car insurance. You may be able to save 15%–20% on your comprehensive coverage if your car has a car alarm, a vehicle disabling feature, or a vehicle tracking system. Check for How to Get Car Insurance Before Buying a Car?
- Discount for defensive driving lessons: By enrolling in a defensive driving course approved by the state, you can save 10% or more on your auto insurance premium.
- Accident-free rate: You may be able to save up to 30% on your auto insurance if it has been three years or longer since your last collision. How much does insurance go up after an accident? Forgiveness for accidents is a feature that allows drivers to maintain their discount even after an accident. An accident is a stressful enough situation as it is. Arm yourself with knowledge so you are ready to deal with your insurance company when and if your car is totaled. So, how much will insurance pay for my totaled car?
How to Get Car Insurance Quotes from Jerry?
You are aware of Jerry’s general methods, but you will undoubtedly be interested in how to begin and what to anticipate. Following are the primary steps.
You’ll start by answering six quick questions:
- Your given name
- Your contact information
- If you are currently covered by insurance
- How much insurance do you require?
- Claim history of last five year
- Recent citations, if any
Jerry will get in touch with your auto insurance provider after you enter your personal information and click the button. Jerry will then review your policy and the data regarding your current coverage. With the aid of machine learning and artificial intelligence, Jerry compares the prices of several different businesses. To see if they can get you a better deal, it also compares their costs to those on your current policy. Jerry then presents the top three options for each renewal cycle’s best coverage and price to the drivers.
Customer Reviews On Jerry Insurance
Since actual quotes are found there, the majority of the company’s reviews are concentrated on the mobile app. Along with video reviews from users on its website, it has received mainly positive reviews on the Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store (4.1 stars and 4.7 stars, respectively). Customers’ reviews of Jerry are listed below.
- “The app appears to be simple to use, and it was able to bring up options that were fairly compared to my current insurance. I chose one, but it said it had to “confirm the final price,” which I thought would take at most 15-20 minutes given how long it took me to obtain my current insurance. It has still not “confirmed” my final price after three days. Since the app’s credibility has now been damaged, I will just let my current insurance renew at the end of this month.”
- “Progressive offered a policy for me to start that was $30 less expensive than my prior policy with comparable coverage. I received a text message a week or so before it began informing me that my policy would be even more affordable! For the same policy, I was thrilled to pay $100 each month.? Everything was going smoothly until I received mail from Progressive containing all of my father’s information. I was then locked out of my Progressive account and after making numerous calls to progressive agents, they informed me that all of my information was incorrect. “
- “I purchased insurance, and they confirmed that I was covered. immediately redacted it. After that, I received a $30 invoice from them for the exact 10 minutes they spent covering my car. They appear to be a complete con. Would not trust them.”
- “Save your time by purchasing Jerry’s insurance instead of wasting it on a bunch of morons’ bait-and-switch that keep overcharging me and making me incredibly irritated.”
You may be interested:
Jerry Versus Other Insurance Brokers
Below will show Jerry Versus Other Insurance Brokers, including Insurify, Gabi, and Nerdwallet:
Jerry Vs. Insurify
Both Jerry and Insurify want to find customers the best deals on auto insurance, but they go about doing it in different ways. While Insurify allows users to compare multiple quotes on its website, Jerry focuses on offering a quick and simple quote comparison experience through its app.
The accuracy estimator that Insurify has shown how confident Insurify is in the quotes it is showing you, making it different from other quote comparison websites. After using the tool, you can modify the insurance plan you’ve chosen, and the quotes you’ve been given will update accordingly.
Jerry Vs. Gabi
Both Jerry and Gabi provide tools for comparing auto insurance quotes, but their methods of doing so vary just a little. Jerry views quotes in the tool’s app, while Gabi emails quote to users after using it. Both call for the creation of an account, but Jerry only requests your phone number and not your email address.
Jerry’s mobile app provides vehicle management features like maintenance planning, receipt management, and viewing active recalls on your car. Jerry stands out from competitors in the quote-comparison market because few quote-comparison platforms offer mobile apps.
Jerry Vs. Nerdwallet
The main purpose of Nerdwallet is to provide information about personal finance, with particular attention paid to investing, credit cards, and student loans. In contrast to Jerry, NerdWallet does not offer a tool for comparing quotes and instead directs users to insure.com for a real quote.
You may be interested in:
- Honda HR-V Reviews
- Hyundai Palisade Review
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Review
- Kia Sportage Review
- Ford F-150 Lightning Review
Why Choose Jerry?
So why should you pick Jerry Insurance? Jerry provides drivers of any age with the following advantages in addition to being a quick way to find coverage:
- Protects your privacy with bank-level encryption
- Automatically shops for better rates before renewal
- Provides users with quotes from reputable insurance companies
- It gives users digital insurance cards for the easiest and fastest way to access your documents
- Does all the paperwork for switching insurance
This does not imply, however, that all motorists should purchase their next auto insurance policy from Jerry Insurance. You can compare rates from even more insurers on other websites (like Compare.com), which may enable you to save more money. These websites work with a larger number of insurance providers. Jerry might end up being a bit of a hassle to use for users who are annoyed by automated chatbots or unwanted notifications. Simply enter your ZIP code below to get started and receive free, no-obligation quotes in a matter of minutes for a simpler experience.
Read More: Junk My Car Reviews
Who Is Jerry Car Insurance Good For?
Young, tech-savvy drivers who want to spend less time on the phone with insurance agents should consider Jerry Insurance. Jerry Insurance may be a good option if you want to find the best deal on auto insurance but want to avoid the conventional method of searching. Jerry Insurance might not be the best option for all drivers, though.
Suggested Car Insurance Reviews:
Who Is Jerry Car Insurance Not The Best Option For?
While Jerry Insurance can help users save money on auto insurance premiums, it might not be the best option for those who would prefer not to shop for auto insurance using an app-like interface. A further drawback for some users may be the requirement that you provide your cell phone number in order to use Jerry.
Finally, some users might find the entire process annoying because Jerry automatically compares prices for you at the time of renewal. Since Jerry Insurance heavily relies on automated procedures and machine learning, the insurance purchasing process may become very impersonal as a result.
You can compare car insurance quotes using services that are comparable but offer a little more customization. You can judge for yourself by looking at our list of the top (and worst) websites for comparing auto insurance. Alternatively, enter your ZIP code below to receive free quotes from Compare.com, the best comparison website in the business.
Take Away: Jerry Auto Insurance Review
Based in Palo Alto, California, Jerry provides financial services. To make its product available to the public, Jerry works with a group of engineers, designers, and insurance specialists. Jerry has produced over 25 million quotes since the company’s founding in 2017, locating prospective customers with $15 million in savings each month.
Top Car Rental Reviews:
- Routes Car Rental Reviews
- NU Car Rental Reviews
- Kyte Car Rental Reviews
- Hopper Car Rental Reviews
- Avail Car Rentals Reviews
Is Jerry Good Insurance?
One of the most well-known car rental companies in the world, SIXT is also unquestionably one of the simplest and fastest in the US. SIXT is the company for you if you want to enter in style because they offer the most upscale vehicles at competitive prices.
Speaking of Rental Cars, You Pobably Want to Know:
Does Jerry Affect Credit Score?
If your state requires a credit check, Jerry performs what is known as a “soft pull.” While this check is required to provide you with quotes, it has no bearing on your credit score.
How Does Jerry App Make Money?
When a customer purchases a policy from a carrier like Progressive on Jerry’s website, Jerry receives recurring revenue in the form of a percentage of the premium.
What Types Of Insurance Can Jerry Be Able To Compare?
With Jerry, users can use artificial intelligence to compare rates for renters’ insurance, home insurance, and auto insurance in real time.
What Distinguishes Insurify And Jerry From Each Other?
To view your quotes and enter details like your driver’s license number with Jerry, you must download the company’s mobile app. Additionally, Jerry requires users to sign up for an account in order to view their quotes.
Without ever leaving the site, you can compare auto insurance rates from various auto insurance providers using Insurify. You can easily manage your coverage options and deductible amounts at any time throughout the process thanks to Insurify’s user interface. You can view quotes on Insurify without setting up an account or entering your license details.